Following a series of conferences that happened in the first week of June, for free and online (HR.Rocks Remote Conf. 2018 – Only Available in Portuguese), I’ve perceived that it is very important to connect with new perspectives in business, because we all have ideas and talents that need to be put into practice, so this is the first article dedicated to business in order to broaden our business perspective and empower ourselves through knowledge.
We start today by addressing the subject of people management focused on the high performance model, presented by Josue Bressane, who is a director partner at Falconi Gente. The essence of a successful organization, from Falconi’s perspective, has been the consistent practice of values, a leadership that conveys culture to the team, behavior, values in practice, and beliefs. From there, we can build a model by Meritocracy, that is, recognizing collaborators based on the unique way of performing of each of them.
This process begins with the strategy that is the dream, the purpose and where we want to be, from here we define values and performance culture having knowledge, skills and attitudes as the foundation. Each person involved should be evaluated to understand their agility of learning and their level of engagement with the organizational culture, so that we can invest in the structured planning of people by projecting growth through the quantity and quality of staff available.
From Josue’s perspective, a leader is the one who manages to achieve the goals through their team in an appropriate way. He also says that only what can be measured can be managed and, finally, indicates the leader’s success factor to engage people and build a successful organization, the focus is on the following aspects:
- Dreaming: we have defined and clear goals to transmit.
- Generating commitment: from the communication we increase the level of commitment of the members.
- Appropriate team: understand the needs, motivations and alignment of each of the members.
- Action plan: communicate the steps to be followed to achieve the goals from our purpose.
- Executing: follow the action plan aligned to the purpose of the business.
- Checking: as we move forward we should check the progress and the results we get.
- Standardizing: some processes need to be standardized during the process as they must be available for other procedures.
- Celebrating: all the results achieved, however small they may seem, need to be celebrated, this increases the level of engagement and the sense of belonging to the business.
This approach is key in companies in which people are responsible for generating high performance results, for this we need to build a highly adaptive, vision-driven, value-oriented organizational culture that focuses on the needs and experience of employees, remembering transparent communication is the basis of this journey (click here to read about our transparency).
- HR.Rocks. Josue Bressane – Gestão de Pessoas voltada ao Modelo de Alta Performance. Available in Portuguese in https://www.hr.rocks/entrevistas/segunda/josue-bressane